Our Common Sense Campaigns To Reduce Retail Waste
Chinese Takeout Waste Campaign
- Take our online survey and see the results at http://goo.gl/sjwprA.
- Ask your takeout Chinese restaurants to only put the condiments in your order that you will use.
- Ask your takeout Chinese restaurants to visit GreenRetailAlliance.org and find out how they can become a green retailer.
Paper Receipt Reduction Campaign
- Email your retailers from their contact us page and ask them to give you the option of a) emailing receipts or b) not printing receipts.
- Ask your friends to join us in the paper receipt reduction campaign using social media by posting a link to GreenRetailAlliance.org's website on their social media pages.
B.Y.O.B. - Say No to Paper and Plastic "Bag Guilt"
- Bring Your Own Bags (BYOB) when you go to the store. If you forget them in the car, take the extra time and go get them.
- Most great changes in society start with a little peer pressure (e.g. smoking, drunk driving, etc.). Spread some "Bag Guilt" to your friends and family by making them feel a little guilty when they use paper or plastic bags.
- Retailers can reward customers who bring their own bags by giving customers using their own bags a discount.